LinkedIn: 4 Ways To Dominate The Job Market
When it comes to searching for employment there is no limit to the websites claiming to have all the tools you need and the very best job postings. It’s noteworthy that one of the finest tools available to you may be one you’re not using to the full – LinkedIn.
LinkedIn is a business networking site which helps you to stay in touch with past and present peers. It’s pretty amazing how fast your list of contacts grows. Staying connected is just one aspect of LinkedIn. Its capacity to expand your employment reach is incredible and if you’re not using it to the full you’re not maximizing your search potential.
Let’s Consider Four Powerful Ways To Use LinkedIn in Your Job Search:
(1) Job Search: This may seem elementary though there are some key points to consider.
- First, the quality of the job postings on LinkedIn is solid. Very reputable organizations use LinkedIn to post meaningful positions, sometimes not advertised elsewhere.
- Secondly, the ‘Jobs’ tab makes searching by location, company or job title a breeze.
- Thirdly, based on your profile and other key information LinkedIn will send you suggested positions which may be of interest to you.
(2) Recruiters: LinkedIn is a recruiter’s friend. Why not search for recruiters who specialize in the sector you’re looking to attain employment in and connect with them. Make them aware you’re available, the type of position you’re looking for and the geographic location that works for you. There are some amazing recruiters on LinkedIn!
(3) Groups: Another way to enhance your job search is through LinkedIn groups. As you explore the ‘Groups’ tab you’ll find ones specializing in job postings, recruiters and even how to improve your resume, cover letters, interviewing skills and many other relevant job search topics.
(4) Profile: Another awesome feature of LinkedIn is one we usually take for granted – our profile. Our profile is in a sense an online resume which advertises our skills and abilities. It’s important to utilize it to the full, neatly populating it with key words tying us to the industry we’re looking to gain employment in. It’s beneficial to be descriptive of your accomplishments and career highlights. Your profile speaks for you when you’re not present and should enhance your opportunities.
It can greatly expand your employment search and present you with a tremendous amount of possibilities.
LinkedIn has an excellent learning center to help you get started.
So, what are you waiting for? Dominate the Market with LinkedIn.